Josh Hinger is a three-time IBJJF No-gi World Champion, pioneer of the guillotine, innovator of the ‘Hingertine’ Submission System, and ATOS black belt. Known as an extremely aggressive submission hunter.
We were lucky to have him here in Sydney for a special episode while touring Australia and New Zealand for a lineup of seminars. This episode was worth recording twice (technical issues).
From humble beginnings in CA, America he would not have imagined travelling the World teaching seminars and influencing the grappling world with his dominant and offensive style.
As a former high school wrestler, he began his submission grappling career in 2003, going on to become the only American ever to win the No-gi World Championship 3 years running. The host of The Matburn Podcast, alongside a sometimes present Keenan Cornelius. Another phenomenal guest and great human that has a lot to contribute to the fight community.
In this episode we discuss:
- How Andrea Galvao and Atos influenced his life and competition.
- Why he gives so much back to the Jiu-Jitsu community.
- The highest and lowest points in his career.
- An insight into his own self-belief, confidence, focus and management of overwhelm.
- What advice he gives athletes looking to level up their approach to competition.
- What plans he has for 2020 and beyond.
Links and resources:
Thanks to our sponsors
These guys keep our radio waves vibing around the world.