Danny is the founder of Sigma Nutrition. In the past, he has worked as a nutrition practitioner with a wide variety of clients. He became well known for his role as a performance nutritionist to professional mixed martial artists & boxers.
Widely known for hosting the top-ranked podcast Sigma Nutrition Radio, Danny is also a respected educator in the field.
He has a master’s degree (MSc.) in Nutritional Sciences from University College Cork. In addition to that research, Danny also completed a BSc. Degree in Biology and Physics Education and spent a year teaching these subjects.
He is a blue belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and also a competitive powerlifter.
In this episode we discuss…
- Danny’s background working with fight athletes
- Fundamentals of Nutrition
- Prerequisites of making weight
- Phases of cutting weight
- Chronic weight loss (Diet) vs acute weight loss (Weight Cut)
- Body water, glycogen, gut residue
- Optimum body fat for your weight category
- Refuelling after weigh-in
- Factors that will affect your weight cut
- Dangers of weight cuts
- Stories of nightmare weight cuts
Links and Resources
Thanks to our sponsors who continually support our team and the fight community, supporting our services and the resources we put out there.